View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 07:16 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
You don't think Kane and Bogosian would've improved faster with more development time? I still see flaws in their games that could've been fixed years ago. Kane is too one dimensional, and Bogosian still has serious issues with defensive zone coverage. The problem is Atlanta didn't have any sort of development system, I don't even think they had a proper AHL affiliate.

I don't think that's true, but development through an AHL system for all but absolutely elite players is the best path.
How would spending 2 more years in Junior help either Bogo or Kane? You think Bogo would learn better defensive zone coverage against 16 year olds he could manhandle in his sleep? If Bogo has serious d zone issues then that applies to all our entire defense as he and Hainsey play against the toughest competition by quite a large margin. So this is then a coaching problem.

Do you think Kane becomes less one dimensional when scoring comes easier and easier for him? He was so stunted in his growth he only scored 30 goals as a 20 year old with next to nothing for line mates and translated that into 6 year $ 5+ M. contract.

Kane and Bogo are elite players...we only have a handful of them they are not hard to miss.