View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Why are you that surprised? Laughton I could see top 20, but top 10? No way. He doesn't have the offensive upside for that classification.

Nick cousins? He racks up points in juniors as a 19 year old, but plays far from a complete game and isn't strong enough to be in contention for a top 10 prospect ranking.
I would have been shocked if Cousins made top 30 let alone top 10. I really don't see what so many around here see in him. I don't think his offensive game translates to the NHL level whatsoever. He might serve as a Patrick Kaleta type player though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Oh I agree on all points, but being a great defensive player doesn't warrant top 10 status. But lets be honest here, it's easier to teach a player to play defensive hockey than it is to teach offensive talent. I'm not saying that its easy to be a defensively great player by any means, but offensive instinct is more of a natural gift, thus warrants higher status.

Maybe Patrick Kaleta is a bad comparison. But that still doesn't change my feeling that cousins game won't translate to the nhl. I could be wrong of course, I just don't see it.

It's a top 50 list... not just a top 10. Did you forget to click the links at the bottom to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pages?