Use Burmi Or Trade Him
View Single Post
04-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by
Buff was benched on the next PP after giving up on that play.
Burmi needs to be sent a very serious message. There is very serious flaws in his game, especially with the puck. The type of defensive game he plays is not compatible with the type of offensive game he plays, as well as higher skill linemates.
He needs a serious one on one with lots of video to back it up. He makes glaring errors even the most uneducated hockey fan can pick out, and continues to make these errors. These include:
- Holding on to the puck too long
- When crossing the blue line with the puck he tends to spin towards the boards, with his back towards the play and stays there until he loses the puck
- Not making himself available for the puck carrier in the offensive zone
- Not dumping and chasing properly, which our system demands unless there's a very quick transition and we catch the other team off guard
- Not shooting enough or driving towards the net
Now that you've analyzed Burmi, perhaps you can do this for some of the vets. I would suggest starting with Jokinen.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Whileee