View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 08:40 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Don't hurt yourself backpedaling and making excuses when you find you've been caught making a statement you can't actually defend.

If you want to put this out there as a way to attack Bryzgalov.

Have the balls to stand behind it when someone points out that it also applies to some other big name goalies.
Oh please. I'm not backpedaling at all. I clearly stated my usage of that stat was FOR GOALIES WITH OVER 20 GAMES STARTED.

To use stats blindly without context is just silly. Hence why I'm not going to stupidly say that Jonathan Quick sucks. There's a perfectly logical reason as to why he's struggling this year. It's the very same reason I haven't criticized Hartnell in his first few games back from his leg injury and the exact same reason I didn't criticize Read after coming back from his injury and struggling at first. Injuries are a mitigating factor.

A small sample size is also a mitigating factor.

But neither injury, nor small sample size applies to Bryz. 92 games in Orange and black. 92 games of .906 save %. Not 50, not 30, not 15 (like Halak who you so desperately want me to criticize), WE'RE TALKING ABOUT 92 GAMES HERE, he sucks.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote