View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
It is, you just can't admit it. Just like you can't admit that Leighton is an awful, AHL-level goalie who doesn't play even on the second night of a back-to-back when a starting goalie would usually get a break because the coach knows he won't give the team a chance to win.
On average, Bryzgalov is clearly better than our backups. But on average, Bryzgalov doesn't give up 4 goals per game. So to say that Leighton stood no chance of winning a game where we scored 5 goals is absolutely ludicrious.

If you told me I could have Bryz in net and a guarantee that he gives up exactly 4 goals or i could go for the mystery box of Leighton for the night, I'd take Leighton.

As to the 2nd part of my post which you neglected, please, come back at me with some objective stats about how bad our defense is. I'd love to hear them. I'd wager you won't find anything though, because our defense isn't anywhere close to as bad as you make it out to be.

You'll likely just continue to insinuate that you've watched every NHL team play a minimum of 10 games this year and that your ability to evaluate defenses is basically on par with an NHL scout.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote