View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Mightygoose

vCash: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I doubt that mayor and council in Glendale would even contemplate anything near $25 million. They will be looking for a reasonably long commitment, for a more modest arena management fee. The parameters need to be worked out with any potential owner. I expect that the NHL will develop some sort of agreement in principle to sell to a group (or perhaps 2), that will then have the opportunity to quickly work out a lease agreement with the COG. I think that the NHL will put a firm time limit on those negotiations, giving the full leverage to the potential ownership group(s). Then we'll see how far the COG is now willing to go to subsidize NHL hockey in Glendale. My sense is that they do not feel as financially free to do this as previously, and in any case, if they come up with a very lucrative subsidy, we might still see a legal challenge by the GWI (). My guess is that if the COG doesn't come up with a lucrative enough subsidy, or there is some hint of legal challenges, the NHL will move on and try not to take any of the blame.
I agree fully! My gut feeling is that the NHL really does not any serious bidders left and is just looking the city to finally say they can't/won't to any/enough $$$ since any bidder is going to ask for such a rich deal. The NHL will 'we tried' and they gallop away northbound.