View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
It's interesting that as the season has gone along the questions about the position that is perpetually the biggest topic in trade rumors, the defense, have halted. Collectively, the group has played really well over the last seven or so games and just got a nice upgrade over Redden. Many of the egregious giveaways of late have come from the forwards.

Here are the biggest hurdles for this team down the stretch:

1. Can the forwards find the determination and hunger to get to the front of the net and create second and third chance opportunities? That's how you finish plays in this league. That's where LA is really head and shoulders above the Blues' forward core and was plain as day last Thursday. We are so perimeter in the offensive zone. I remain skeptical as they've been mired in the bottom half of the league in 5 on 5 offense for most of the season and goals typically become tougher to come by in the latter half of the season.

2. Can the goaltending rebound just to the point where these guys make a timely save or two and don't allow the back breaking variety goals like the GWG in Calgary and LA's second goal last Thursday?

Every fan has a right to be skeptical b/c these are issues that have plagued the team all season. Manufacturing offense and goaltending. Probably the two biggest elements come playoff time. And both elements have sucked. Hopefully it changes but I have low expectations. We are what we are at this point. That LA game really soured me on most of the Blues' forwards.