View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
On the hotstove on the weekend, it was mentioned that the league and the PA were still odds on the 25 mil counting as HRR. I was under the impression, that was resolved already and it was agreed upon.
So was I, that that matter had been resolved back when the NHL&NHLPA were going over the accounting pursuant to moneys held in escrow just prior to the disbursements back in like March or April of last year. Maybe thats why the NHL still hasnt withdrawn the 2011/12 Arena Management Fee ($20M with $5M still owing?). Its a bone of contention. The PA claiming their entitled to 57% of it (Im assuming theyd apply the pre 2012/13 revised CBA HRR's). Thats certainly interesting. An adjunct but none the less, curious. If the NHL just leaves it in escrow & then assigns it to a buyer (if any one ever does step up to the plate) in some way then I guess they can argue more vociferously that the COG's AMF wasnt then nor ever subject to HRR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I doubt that mayor and council in Glendale would even contemplate anything near $25 million. They will be looking for a reasonably long commitment, for a more modest arena management fee.
Ya, to go all-in yet again like that with another $25M commitment? Not a chance. Beacons' RFP sheets should be hitting the streets at some point this month, and as government of all shapes & sizes can & often do move at snails paces, could then take 45++ days before anythings returned from the private sector with respect to proposal absent the Coyotes. On a parallel track with these supposed 3 suitors, I read that both Pastor & Gosbee were expected to submit offers to the NHL this week so perhaps conceptually they have been working with Beacon, maybe a 15, 7 or even 5 year outline being put forth, if these guys are even "real", so who knows?... that Peladeau stepped back from Quebecor combined with the cryptic tweet posted up-page from someone in Quebec apparently in the know that booking agencies & promoters have received notices that the Colisee' wont be available from basically October through December 31st, well, Im thinkin the writing certainly appears to be on the wall.