View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I like that people are spouting out Ryders regular season productions vs. Pouliot yet fail to how one stepped up his game in the 1st round series, while the other pooped in this pants, taking stupid penalties, and coughing up the puck to lead to the GWG.
This is to everyone not just Morris -

Ryder had 3 points - all in 1 game to Pouliot's 2 points.
Pouliot had the primary assist on Kelly's gamewinner in OT in game 1.
Pouliot had the 3rd period game tying goal in game 2.

The penalty everyone complains about was a terrible call and....
Ryder had a penalty in game 7 vs Montreal that Montreal scored on, but.... we had Horton one year and didn't last year.

The failed dump in? **** happens. Bruins still had players back and a "clutch" goalie, and the goal should have been called back for goalie interference anyway.

We didn't lose because we had Pouliot instead of Ryder. We lost for a long list of reasons, most importantly injuries and underperformance from the top 6 and Thomas let in some softies.

Rolston was also a great pickup for nothing important. 15 pts after the deadline. 3 points against Washington. The team was remarkably similar to the cup team with more goal scoring. Zanon was a decent depth D. Kaberle was actually the biggest loss, but nobody wanted him back anyway, and Chia correctly let him go because he hasn't been the same player he used to be.

Chia has put a great team on the ice for at least the last 4 years. His deadline moves have been very good and he has tried for better ones both years since the cup. This deadline isn't even over yet. Iginla should show you that it takes at least 2 to tango, plus the GM, owners, agent, wives, kids. Tell me all the teams that made huge moves. Who did everyone want that moved and what price would you have paid? Did the Penguins already win the cup this year? I must have missed it.

Given the cap uncertainty who would you have signed as a UFA?
How much would you have paid?
Did that player want to come here?
How are they doing now?
Nobody really wanted to pay the money/contracts most of these guys got. I saw some Sullivan posts. He hasn't been good. How many people actually wanted to keep Ryder? Many still don't want him back and we have Pandolfo as our 3rd line wing.

A lot of hindsight and armchair GMing in here. It is just easy to sign or trade for players right?
I'm sure you guys would have all put a better team on the ice.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote