View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
what is funny here is that we need to perform well against the Hawks to make the playoffs. And if we do we more than likely slide into the 8 spot. So if going 3-1 vs the Hawks happens, are you still in the camp of "we can't beat the Hawks/throwaway season/tanktanktank" or does your mindset change?

all the teams with us in the pack some issues that can prevent them from making the playoffs. Detroit had Zetterburgs wwonky groin, Columbus has not had the playoff chase experience, we have scoring issues, STL has routinly quit on hitch, Dallas is jekll and hyde with their effort. Edmonton has the same issues as Columbus, San Jose may sell a top six forward today. Alot of hockey and alot to happen the next 48 hours.
I made this same point about a week ago... if we make it in, then by definition we will have played Chicago well and should have as good a chance as anyone.

I dont think we have to worry about "tanking"... if we beat chicago 3 out of 4, I think we have a decent shot at #8. if we dont, we are out of the hunt and the "tanking" will have manifest itself in multiple losses to chicago

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote