View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharry View Post
I tend to agree with Knightspit. If Erie gets the opportunity to select Day, I am not sure that is what is needed at this point. The need on D is for depth and experience, not potential. Not everyone is going to impact as a 15 year old like McDavid - especially on defense.
While I agree with you and that may be the case, they have experience and depth on their defense. They have Pelech (19), Donnay (19), and 3 players who will be OA's next year. What they lack is skill and talent with the exception of a few. While no one knows the impact Day will have at this point I just look at Ekblad. Obviously it may not be the same case but many have Day being better than Ekblad at 15. Ekblad played well in his first year and was one of the best this season. When your team is this bad defensively it seems a bit odd to not take the best d-man available. Strome is one heck of a player with tons of potential, my thought is based strictly on team needs. If Erie takes Strome I will welcome him to the team as he is a stud. I just think if the defense is still poor in the years they are "going for it" they will not make it to far and may regret not selecting Day.