Thread: GB: World U18
View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Call me Suds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
We certainly have a better team than last year, and the year before that. The 09/10 team was the first team to actually keep us in division 1 which was a lot harder to do in the old format, so I wouldn't say this year is better than that year.

I think you've underestimated the competition, the new A/B format means every game is reasonably competitive and there is another tough team in the group, whereas in the past we were often the #1 seed in our group in Division 2. I really did not expect us to beat Hungary, they haven't been a Division 2 nation at U18 level since 07/08.
Well in fairness when I first saw this thread (if you look at my first post in here) I didn't see Hungary in the group. I guess EP wasn't fully updated when this thread first popped up lol

It's Lithuania, Croatia, Romania, Estonia I figured would be wins. Estonia was a relatively easy win there but Croatia beating them 5-0 confused me. Then all the other games being very close surprised me. I guess there's still 3 games left so I'll have to wait to see after those games if my assumptions were real dumb

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote