View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Don't say that too loud or you'll get jumped by a dozen trolls who can't structure a sentence to save their lives.
I don't know if I'll be considered one of the "trolls" but I honestly think it's brutally hyperbolic to say that Chiarelli's been awful since the Cup win.

The B's were something like 7th most points in the league last year, and are something like 5th this year. They as a team, and Chiarelli as a GM, have hardly been perfect - far from it - but the team's been for the most part successful. There are obviously some holes that still need to be addressed, and using hindsight it's obvious that some of Chiarelli's decisions have been the wrong ones, but to say that he's "sucked" is just such a petulant overreaction, IMHO.

If the allegedly best forwards didn't all **** the bed last year against Washington, the B's go deeper into the playoffs and none of the hand-wringing that's dominated these boards lately is happening. But Krejci/Bergeron/Lucic/Seguin/Marchand all underperformed ... hard for me to blame the GM for that. The depth players that he acquired (namely, Rolston & Pouliot) all produced as much as the best & highest paid forwards.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote