Old
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
I'm not calling Eklund a liar, but I remember an instance close to the begining of the UFA eligibility date where I was scanning through his blog ot see if there was any new news that maybe TSN had missed or was slow to report. There was nothing. Then a big signing broke through (I think it might have been Arnott) about 15mins later, and it was instantly all over the big sites like RDS, TSN, Sportsnet etc. I went back to Eklunds site to see if he had got the trade, and to my amazement, it was there, postmarked 2-3hrs prior, but I had not seen it when I made the visit to his site 15mins ago.

Now I'm not saying he's a liar, and I'm not saying I'm 100% right because my memory is faded, but I'm under the impression that he also backdates some of his postings.

As for Eklund himself, he does NOT work for Team 990. He's been on air a few times during (you guessed it) PJ Stock's show. He has some inside info but some people think he's in close contact with all 30GM's. As far as I know, he knows a few player agents.
Bobby Clark should hire him.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote