View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 06:22 PM
rabbit4949

vCash: 500
I believe that this team has plenty of toughness, which I will define as takin' a lickin' and keep on tickin'. This is fairly evident by taking a look at the standings. That being said, I do believe that we need more roughness. This I will define as being the initiating of these lickin's. The Habs should target a guy like Thorburn who is a decent skater and plays on the PK.[ and yes, fight fans, he can drop the gloves.] A good stay at home No. 6 defender like Shane O'Brien would also be wanted. He hits and clears the crease and again fight fans ,he is not shy about dropping the gloves either.He would need a Diaz to get the puck out of the zone. I am not a fan of the staged fight and see no reason to waste precious roster spots on guys that cannot play.However ,I am in favour of retribution for cheap shots directed at our stars.The team mentality should be a swarming defensive response. At a time when game conditions permit, an equal physical force must be directed at an opposing star.i.e. When a goon runs Price ,it is pointless to fight the goon. The correct response is to run the other goalie and say {Carey says hi} If they have dressed their back-up,next game dress Budaj and run their starter. You would be surprised at how quickly game conditions soon begin to once again resemble hockey.

rabbit4949 is offline   Reply With Quote