Old
04-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Dom would you ever be so kind to do maybe your top 10 or top 30 or take a shot at a mock and see how you do?

I have seen people put Nurse ahead of Monaghan and SM seems to have taken a hit over the last few months... my guess is lack of offensive production for that?... but he is on a very poor team so shouldn't be blamed... Begining of year he was a top 5/6 lock but seeing mocks with Nurse ahead and SM going in the 7,8 and 8 spot.

Curious your thoughts on all the above if possible.

Thanks.
Its not that I don't want to take the time too, but to do one properly would require spending enough time watching all the players involved and I just don't do that. There's a definite (I wouldn't say biased but for lack of a better term) OHL bias for all the time I spend at those games.

I try and stay away from consensus rankings as well. For example, last one was in 2011 with 11 other people. We got to number 10 and I voted Brandon Saad. Kept getting outvoted from that 10 spot all the way into the 50's where most finally agreed. If memory serves me, Saad went early 40's so they were probably right, at least in comparisson to the actual draft.

But, would you take Saad top 15 in a re-do of that draft today? Still to early to tell but based on what we've see so far - probably

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote