View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 09:15 PM
metmag

vCash: 500
You bring up many good points. But to sum up, I think Panarin is a better player than Klimenko in the said position. His lack of playoff experience right now is simply because he is a Vityaz player and the brief pointless stint in Kazan was clearly due to the management mentality of letting young players ride the pine instead of anything to do with his game, especially with players that aren't well known in their system. Had he a multi-year contract with a team like Traktor or even Atlant, you know as well as I that his playoff experience would be extensive.

Now Klimenko. He's only had 2 deep runs; the one as you mentioned with Magnitagorsk being his best, the other in Kazan's first Gagarin cup where he was almost invisible. All of his other runs(with SKA mind you) were noneffective at best. Definitely not the guaranteed playoff performer.

Although SKA's run is deemed an underachievement, it is comical to suggest that had they not made these trades that the Dynamo-SKA series would have ended up much differently. SKA's loss was more due to the fact that they were letting in at least 3 goals on average, while not having their top players contribute with points. Something Panarin did without being a defensive liability.

And you're right; getting panarin to SKA out of Vityaz is easy, but not as easy when there are other teams also interested. Especially when its almost guaranteed that hel be getting more ice time elsewhere. But where he ends up is just speculation so I guess we'll see.

Lastly it is completely relevant that they got Panarin for just a draft pick. I would trade Klimenko for Panarin right up-front, but when you have the chance to get him for a useless KHL draft puck its a steal! Especially when you use the player that was replaced as trade bait to secure a big productive defense man. Its basically Panarin and Osipov for Klimenko and a pick. Are you suggesting they should not have made those trades!?

metmag is offline   Reply With Quote