View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 10:38 PM
ottergolfer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
While I agree with you and that may be the case, they have experience and depth on their defense. They have Pelech (19), Donnay (19), and 3 players who will be OA's next year. What they lack is skill and talent with the exception of a few. While no one knows the impact Day will have at this point I just look at Ekblad. Obviously it may not be the same case but many have Day being better than Ekblad at 15. Ekblad played well in his first year and was one of the best this season. When your team is this bad defensively it seems a bit odd to not take the best d-man available. Strome is one heck of a player with tons of potential, my thought is based strictly on team needs. If Erie takes Strome I will welcome him to the team as he is a stud. I just think if the defense is still poor in the years they are "going for it" they will not make it to far and may regret not selecting Day.
The draft is as it always has been... take the best player to fill the need of your team.
none of these kids coming out have played one day in the O. it is pure speculation how they will make the transition to the league .
you build your future with the draft and get the experienced players from smart trades.
take Day and make a few smart trades and the rebuild will end the growth will come .