Thread: Player Discussion: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Konnick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's like Stepan. He has really stepped up in general this year, but Stepper is always at his best when he's playing a physical, engaged game. I think it's true for lots of guys.

The other point on Kreider playing chippy is that Torts will appreciate him more if he's getting involved in things. Miller makes a ton of mistakes, but it's usually from being aggressive and trying to force things. I think Torts can live with that. Kreider gets himself in trouble when he's passive and withdrawn. I think the team is okay with mistakes of aggression, which is kind of a reflection of the coach.
I agree on his more physical game, I like the way Kreider plays when he's engaged and after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Despite a lot of negative vibes the rangers are giving to our fans there are a few positives. kreider is the biggest positive. He has played like we expected him to since coming back. Gotta give the CT Whale coach a lot of credit because he worked with kreider on all parts of his game. I think he is gonna have some good years ahead despite wjat happes to the rangers this season
Kenny Gernander. He's been one of the most consistently-reliable pieces in the NYR organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I personally didnt mind kreider going down because i think it lit a fire under him and he has been arguably one our best players since coming back. My problem is that Torts seems to favor miller over kreider. Kreider has outplayed miller for a while now
You can see why, in a sense. Miller already has that 'swagger' and attitude Torts likes to see out of guys. I had Miller pegged a little wrong, I think he is a 2nd line player with 1st line potential. Before I thought he was a middle six guy who would never suffice for the first line but play a bangers game.

Either way, Kreider has too be a little more adjusted before trusted. At every level it seems Kreider has had an adjustment period before truly figuring things out and becoming the player that takes over games. I think he's just taking a little more time to adjust in terms of the pro levels.

We need to put a chip on the kids shoulder, get him to be more of a bad ass, that's the part of his game missing and the rest will adjust and fall into place just nicely.