View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
jroc86

vCash: 500
If we make the playoff this year I thinkwe canalldeemthe year a pretty decent success. HIndsight is ALWAYS 20/20 ... and I agree 100% that Nyquist and Smith should have full timers last year and Tatar should have been this year.

This was the year we were supposed to tank and miss the playoffs even with our actual roster. NO Bert/Helm/Samulsen all year ... thats a solid 3rd line right there. No Coliacovo all year till now.

Brendan Smith has disapointed me allot this year ... but hes getting better. I see a bit of fear in his puck retrieval right now which seems uncharacteristic of him. Perhaps wary of another shoulder injury. Kindl has stepped up. Tatar proved without a doubt hes up here next year whenwe have room. Nyquist is starting to get back to looking comfortable at the NHL level. Kronner and Ericsson have both stepped up IMO despite Kronwall taking a ton of flack. Tootoos been a beast and Anderssons been adequate for his role. Oh ... and we got the top NCAA free agent. NBD.

Quit crying in your cornflakes ... weve all seen this decline coming, but with better injury luck next year, a few kids in, a few old dogs out, and maybe a decent signing or two the "rebuild on the fly" mantra might have a little something to it. If it works Ill happily take a few years of being a 6-8 seed as opposed to taking the Edmonton/Pitts/Chi method of utterly tanking for half a decade.

We arent the 600lb gorilla in the room anymore and thats unfortunate. But our teams "downs" thusfar are pretty laughable compared to what allot of other fanbases deal with. I know Im not watching a cup contender - but ****, if Howie gets hot and we shoot up Helm and Bert with painkillers in a month and Dats and Z hit beast mode who knows ...this teamis capable of making things interesting for a few rounds I think.