Old
04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
1. BOS
2. NJD
3. TBL (I think they win the division, not that they have third most pts in conference!)
4. PIT
5. OTT
6. NYR
7. MTL
8. PHI

Not so sure with the West so a little guess work (well obviously it is all guessing, but a few of my guesses are with very little to no supporting reasons in the west)

1. CHI (I think they will have a slump at some point but regardless of their incredible start they'd be a top 4 seed anyway so they'll make up for it and prob still win the conference tho I think it will get close)
2. VAN
3. PHX
4. STL
5. LA (main issue for them is being in stacked PAC division)
6. NSH
7. SJS
8. DET

Maybe MIN will prove me wrong but I couldn't believe some of the comments I read from some people in the pre-season about how good MIN was, some even saying they would finish ahead of VAN and stuff.

So many good teams it's hard to choose who is ahead of who from 4-8. I feel crazy putting SJS at 7 but at the same time I feel just as crazy putting NSH at 7 for example.

I feel weird putting Anaheim out of the playoffs but I don't see any of those 8 teams missing it either. It feels so wrong to say it, but if any of those teams doesn't make it, it's probably DET.
Quote your post from earlier in the thread and compare to current standings, since current standings are starting to become meaningful with the season winding down. I remember originally being amazed that so many people didn't have LAK on their list. Is that still a common sentiment?

1. BOS
2. NJD
3. TBL
4. PIT
5. OTT
6. NYR
7. MTL
8. PHI

I was thinking PHI or TOR for the 8th spot to be fair, but had to pick one so went with my favourite team, phi.
Looks like I might end up right about only one SE team making it, tho the wrong one.

Other than that, it is subject to change but currently my list is right if you replace PHI with TOR and TBL with WPG.

1. CHI (I think they will have a slump at some point but regardless of their incredible start they'd be a top 4 seed anyway so they'll make up for it and prob still win the conference tho I think it will get close)
2. VAN
3. PHX
4. STL
5. LA (main issue for them is being in stacked PAC division)
6. NSH
7. SJS
8. DET

I was definitely off with MIN, thinking they were unrealistic to be as good as Vancouver. Vancouver has two less ROW's with same pts/GP.

Replace PHX & NSH with Anaheim & Minnesota.
With Anaheim, I did elaborate in a later post about how if I were making a money bet or something or taking this seriously, odds, etc. I would most definitely have them there. But this is just for fun and because I couldn't picture any of the teams I picked missing the playoffs or if one did in place of Anaheim, couldn't figure out who, I kept it how it was. Clearly Anaheim has not only avoided a major slump but hasn't really missed a beat. I did pretty bad but I'm curious how other people's predictions are looking compared to now.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote