View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Signature
Real Maple Syrupô

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
When you though that you were most likely dreaming. It's easy to play armchair GM.
That's fair, but I believe a fair amount of it is due to respect, or a lack thereof, of Feaster.

I have to really believe that Burke or Howson could have gotten better returns on Iginla and Bouwmeester.

Feaster is probably viewed as a Butterball turkey with a law degree who doesn't know enough about the game so he relies on his staff, as publicly stated.

That's in high contrast with Burke, a man who grew up living hockey and demanding respect from players, management, and his peers and gave the proper respect to others and lost his last job over trying to keep his integrity intact as it was rumoured he wasn't going to buckle under pressure and make a trade he thought was poor.

I'm fairly certain that Feaster gets underestimated very often within the management community.

However, with that being said, the returns would have been only marginally better I believe, but at the same time, better is better and Feaster got neither.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote