View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 12:39 AM
edmontonislesfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Welcome to the HF Boards. An Isles fan in Edmonton, interesting. That's gotta be a tough gig.

I assume you watch quite a bit of the Oil Kings... your thoughts on Reinhart and Lazar (he could be a candidate for the Isles) would be great.
Thanks for your welcoming messages. I wrote a lengthy response this morning which was rejected and lost. This time I will send a condensed version from memory.

Griffin Reinhart has had another solid season with the Oil Kings, although overshadowed publicity-wise by Keegan Lowe (a Carolina pick). His main attributes, from my perspective, are his no mistakes, simple, defense, ability to pass the puck to the forwards, and shot from the point. I don't think he will ever be a great rushing defenseman, but that is not why the Islanders drafted him. He turns twenty in January 2014, so I believe will have to be with Islanders or Oil Kings this fall. Matt Donovan is ahead of him, and maybe the Islanders would want only one rookie defenceman.

Curtis Lazar has been playing great since January, as has been mentioned by others. He will probably rise in the next 2013 Draft Ratings. Besides his adequate size and skating and ability to score, his other attributes are his defensive play and willingness to stand up for his teammates. Also, he can play centre or wing. Although he has more goals than assists lately, he is not known as a selfish player. As mentioned, if the Islanders draft later than 10th (we hope), Lazar should be considered. A character player in the Cizikas mold, with perhaps more offensive upside. If the Islanders are drafting in the six to nine range, they may wish to consider Sean Monahan, a centre having a very good year on a bad Ottawa OHL team.

Last edited by edmontonislesfan: 04-05-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelled "welcoming" wrong ine first sentence of the reply