Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 03:33 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
So here are the first players called. Not sure why Simpson waited for so long and finally annouced the list a few hours before the end of the first semifinal.

Berra Reto (EHC Biel), Stephan Tobias (Genève-Servette HC)

Blum Eric (Kloten Flyers), Grossmann Robin (HC Davos), Guerra Samuel (HC Davos), Mercier Jonathan (Genève-Servette HC), Ramholt Tim (HC Davos), Schlumpf Dominik (HC Lugano), Vauclair Julien (HC Lugano), Von Gunten Patrick (Kloten Flyers)

Bieber Matthias (Kloten Flyers), Bodenmann Simon (Kloten Flyers), Bürgler Dario (HC Davos), Hollenstein Denis (Kloten Flyers), Pestoni Inti (HC Ambrì-Piotta), Peter Emanuel (EHC Biel), Romy Kevin (Genève-Servette HC), Rüfenacht Thomas (HC Lugano), Sciaroni Gregory (HC Davos), Simek Juraj (Genève-Servette HC), Stancescu Victor (Kloten Flyers), Walker Julian (Genève-Servette HC)

The goalies were expected, but I would have added Genoni, who I would consider even with all twelve NLA goaltenders available.

On defense, I assume Du Bois and Hirschi declined the opportunity because they are definitely better than some who made the list. I'm really surprised by the inclusion of Schlumpf. I liked what I saw from him last season, but I thought he didn't show much improvement this year.

No big surprise regarding the forwards, but I would have liked to see Hoffmann there.

Now with ZSC and Zug out, I guess Blindenbacher, Seger, Ambühl, Monnet and Trachsler are locks and Cunti, Martschini, Suri, Chiesa and Flüeler are good possibilities.

stv11 is online now   Reply With Quote