View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 06:59 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Almost every year we waste our 1st round pick on an "unproven" player. That is the way the system works and Burmistrov is a lot more proven then either Leblanc or our 1st.

We're not getting a player like Drouin with our pick, maybe Hagg, Dickinson or Horvat and I would much rather have Burmistrov then one of those prospects + Leblanc.
Wow what were you guys smoking last night. Wasted first rounders? Guess who assisted on the game winner last night? A wasted first rounder in Beaulieu. Tinordi is coming right along as well. Leblanc takes a set back and now we waste picks? I hope you are trolling because that is a ridiculous statement. Prospects take time, even first rounders.

As for Burmistrov, I can agree he is not a soft floater type, and he is great on the PK. I watched him many games in his AHL stint this year and he was the #1 guy on the ice every time. (Here it comes..) However, he is still a work in progress, much like any of our prospects. Further along more than others yes, but we have got our hands full of prospects right now. Other than that, he doesn't fit the bill of our need. Not a hard hitting top end forward, or defencemen.