View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Wow what were you guys smoking last night. Wasted first rounders? Guess who assisted on the game winner last night? A wasted first rounder in Beaulieu. Tinordi is coming right along as well. Leblanc takes a set back and now we waste picks? I hope you are trolling because that is a ridiculous statement. Prospects take time, even first rounders.

As for Burmistrov, I can agree he is not a soft floater type, and he is great on the PK. I watched him many games in his AHL stint this year and he was the #1 guy on the ice every time. (Here it comes..) However, he is still a work in progress, much like any of our prospects. Further along more than others yes, but we have got our hands full of prospects right now. Other than that, he doesn't fit the bill of our need. Not a hard hitting top end forward, or defencemen.
But does he fit the Habs' need in ~2 years? Absolutely he does. Based on where most of our key players will start peaking and where guys like Plekanec will start to decline, we need that new wave of younger guys (Beaulieu, Tinordi, Burmistrov/Leblanc) to step in and make an impact, just as Pacioretty and Subban Eller have. I think Bergevin's goal is to create a consistently competitive team.