Thread: Confirmed with Link: Bouwmeester for Cundari, Berra, protected 1st
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
On defense, I think this means Polak may get moved next year. If the Blues are looking to shed payroll, he would be the guy on D. He's the third pairing RD, he would have some value in a package, and his replacement is currently playing in Peoria (Hakanpaa).

We also will likely trade one of Steen/Oshie/Perron or Berglund if an upgrade at center is coming back. One of Rattie or Jaskin will be on the 3rd line as well as Lehtera.

That is how we afford our RFAs this offseason.
We don't know what the budget is going to be. It would be a massive mistake for us to give Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk a bridge contract in the coming months though, they need to be given full 8 year contracts and we work from there. That can't be stressed enough.

I agree about Polák. $3.1m for a third pairing D-man is likely going to be too much. He plays an important role just now, but Bouwmeester should now be able to eat those tough minutes he takes. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Russell-Cole next season saves $1.5m+ in salary. I don't see Hakanpää as being viewed as NHL ready.