View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I miss the days when green was good for a few monster hits every year.

I don't laugh at Sarge though, that is clearly the most badass stunt of his career. He pawed at a goon and lived to tell about it. He even tried to throw a little right. You can literally look at every other game in his career and never see anything nearly as bad ass attempted.

I would pay a lot of money to see him play one game angry. I bet he would get a lot more money on his contract if he did a few times a year. Like, up his game in the playoffs.
Like Sarge, all the Caps are feeling a little froggier with the likes of Oleksy and Volpatti added to the lineup. With Erskine back, I expect that to increase even more. They look around and see their own guys getting into it, and others are right there with them. Until this year the recent Caps have been mostly soft. Clear the crease and you'll be one on five. Even tough guy Erskine was reluctant to throw his weight around (though for the most part he did anyway). Never underestimate the power of knowing you have backup.

The epic softness of the team may have been the biggest hurdle in Sarge's development (other than the fact that he's not very good at hockey).

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote