View Single Post
04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
12 Axes
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
Why would anyone advocate losing guys who should be part of the core when all you're going to get are middling returns? Getting prospects back doesn't address the fact that they need another top 6 guy, and giving up a top 6 like Clarkson for futures is not something I'd be okay with. You're creating more holes than you're filling up (potentially).

Honestly I'd rather them stand pat and make off-season trades and signings, since that's when you're much more likely to bring in a top six type of forward, which is what this team is missing right now.

Basically, I'd hold right now and not trade away any assets unless they'd make the team significantly better, then sign Clarkson for ~2-4 years and look to add a winger in the offseason while unloading older d-men.

Becoming sellers officially cashes in the season when there's no real need to do that. This team was clicking at the start of the season, and sucked when Marty got hurt. Odds are the potential of the team is somewhere in the middle, which is above how they're playing right now. No need to panic.
If you are Lou you have to decide; Is the boat actually sinking or is it just taking on a little water....You have 24 hrs to decide though.