View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Howler Scores

vCash: 800
Moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
MLS attendance most years hovers between 17,000 and 18,000, which puts the league on par with France and Belgium, ahead of Brazil and Argentina. MLS struggles in terms of market share, because it's still a small fish in a market of 380m in North America, but fans show up to games in a big, big way.
From OEL
That's cool. Makes more sense, too. Someone mentioned 5,000 fans being an adequate number, and that had me puzzled. But 18,000 fans average makes sense.

As far as flow, I know what you mean, but so many games I've watched were decided in the first 45 minutes. If a goal is scored by half time, that's pretty much it, with the leading team going all defense. If not, players will get tired and a tie becomes very likely.

Also, the amount of diving drives me crazy.

From XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Don't get me wrong, watching the Brazilian or Argentinian national team, Real Madrid or Barcelona play is something special. But that's not what we're talking about here. The US have the best players in the world when it comes to the four top sports. That'll never happen in soccer.
Precisely why I don't watch unless it's the Olympics or World Cup. I don't like Tier 1 soccer in most countries so why would I pay to go watch Tier 2 U.S. soccer?