brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
congrats on the new gig...
though I don't understand the bolded.

-where I live, my sales tax is 4.5% 7%
-I have a house worth about $400K, same, maybe 10% less and my property taxes are probably less than half what a house like this would be in WNY. ~$200/month
-I pay less in gas for my car than my brother in Marilla does. $3.60/gal
-My homeowners insurance is very reasonable, ~$200/month (yes, per month). Product of the damn insurance cartel and living 3 miles from the ocean. Rates doubled in past 3 years. as are my auto insurance rates $600/year - I drive older vehicles, but wish I had one of your Camaros..
-I pay for my kid's rent insurance for their apartments, which is about $100 each.

just wondering where it's cheaper...?
Where I live in bolded above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post
Good luck. Maybe it will be a nice time for a mental recharge as well.

Interesting stuff. I've been having the problem lately of not having a lot of free time to pursue my interests until I'm too tired to think straight. I've barely written lately, for example, despite having rough story ideas in my head. Just been busy, miserable, and worn out.
I took vacation some of Thursday & Monday, with Fri-Sat-Sun easter weekend. Heavenly. Didn't get done what I wanted to around the house, but it was wonderful to only think about work half the time, instead of all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Ugh this damn concussion keeps lingering but at least my chiro was able to loosen up my neck/upper back a bit. I had to wait for the headaches to lessen a bit before seeing him. Although after seeing him they came back.

I really hope this clears up soon. Its my 5th one and to state the obvious, they suck.
Best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
There's a whole subculture of folks who work at having as many lucid dreams as possible. I guess there's even some sort of supplement that you can take that helps promote it to a point. It'd be awesome if you got on board and we could take a daily vote on scenarios to put yourself into, with you reporting back the following day.
You'd simply plant a scenario where you beat him up in his dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I'm going to modify this training program a bit by having chips and beer but not running at all.
Synonymous with Crossfit lingo, that workout above is called the "brian_griffin".
2oz chips + 12oz beer x 4 reps
For time, with target less than 3 period hockey game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Random dating website experiment:

On a certain free dating website, I averaged about 6 profile views per week. The standard image was just me smiling, I consider it a very good photo of an otherwise average face.

I have replaced it with a picture of myself in a tank top flexing ever so sightly and have gotten 7 views in one day.

TL : DR - Women do in fact, like muscles. Or maybe they like less of my face.
TL : DR option #3... Creepy guys looking at your profile pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
We tried the nanny route twice with the tot before realizing daycare is the best route for us...and the kid.

Did not have great results with the nanny.

of course, YMMV.
Pushed for the threesome too soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
First day at work was really great. As weird as it sounds, it's nice to be in a place with some structure, and that I don't have to be the only person that can do things.
Sounds like the US Army, not Yahoo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Checked my chemistry grade at UB. from D to B. I am the proverbial man, man....man.
reminds me of a "Leave it to Beaver" episode where Beaver forged his report card by adding a line to the handwritten "D" to turn it into a "B". Computer Printed, and now Online progress reports have taken all that youthful trickery away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
I can not express in words the absolute joy of not being the smartest guy in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
A feeling I've never known.
Great retort.