View Single Post
Old
08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock44 View Post
Hey guys, I'm up here in Alma (not far from where the Sags play) and I got to see the game. The Sags lost 2-1 but dominated the 1st, first half of the second, and 3rd periods. They broke down and took a lot of stupid penalties about halfway through the second and the Remparts scored both their goals then.

Concerning Mikus, man does this kid have some hands. Easily IMO the best player on the ice every shift. He's a really fast and smooth skater, and the program had him listed as 6'0" and 190 lbs. He was constantly making beatiful moves with the puck and shaking all of the defensive coverage. Overall I believe he was even +- for the night, he was on for the Sags goal but was in the box for one against. The 2 downsides to the evening was that he had at least 2 empty nets and couldn't put it in. The first was at the beginging of the game on a beautiul cross ice pass and missed the net wide left. The other one I remember was at the end of the game on a big rebound that came right to him and either he hit the post or the goalie's back pad cause the goalie had no chance but the puck never went in. I was at center ice so I couldn't quite see what happened. The other downside was I would have liked him to shoot some more. He has a great shot it seems, but it looked like he was always looking for the pass.

Now one thing that we have to keep in mind is that this is the first game of the preseason so hopefully he can only get better. I have a funny feeling I'll be in Alma a bunch of times so hoefully I'll be able to give some more caps of his games. I won't be there on the 25th against the Oceanic but I might be there on the 31st.
thanks for the report!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote