Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)
View Single Post
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Originally Posted by
Question for everyone: Is there any justification for
1. Jordon Leopold being traded for a 2nd rounder proves there's a market for ****** defenseman.
2. He's been sat in favor of the likes of Smith and Lashoff variably throughout the season, so he's not a make-or-break player.
3. He has no future on this team next year (Kronwall, E, Quincey, Kindl, Cola, Smith, DeKeyser, Lashoff)
4. There are teams reportedly still interested in picking up a defenseman. (AFAIK, San Jose, NYR, Toronto, and Boston)
I'd like to hear some sound, convincing logic so as to keep myself from losing my cool if he isn't traded in the next 24 hours.
Just to play Devil's Advocate here:
1) We don't know how long CC will be in the lineup, if he gets hurt we'll have to go with 4 inexperienced rookies in the lineup until Quincey is back.
2) Quincey is still hurt they say 2-3 weeks but who knows, somebody else could get hurt, they may want a veteran,calming presence on the blueline
3) White is going to be staying here we're shopping Kindl/Quincey/Smith instead
4) Depth is great to have and depth wins championships. Let's pretend that we didn't have all of our defensive depth earlier this year. We'd have had Almqvist in the lineup.
5) Nobody is willing to give up a 2nd for White.
For me I'd rather we hold onto White if nobody is offering us at least a 2nd, he's a serviceable guy and hasn't played too badly recently. He gives us depth on the backend if injuries hit and we know we can up his minutes if we have to.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DatsyukToZetterberg