Thread: Marian Gaborik
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You're crazy if you don't think adding a top-4, right-handed defenseman that can quarterback a powerplay (something we haven't had in a decade-plus), doesn't make this team better.

Trading Gaborik for Boyle doesn't make this team a ton better, at least in the long run, I grant you, and trading for Boyle almost ensures that Richards will be bought out this off-season, but it's asinine to say he doesn't make this team better.

Same is said for Clowe. He's been a dud offensively this year compared to years past, but the bottom six needs someone that can provide offensive pressure AND play physical. He's everything none of the guys we have are.

I won't be heartbroken if we trade Gaborik for Boyle, Clowe and maybe a conditional pick that depends on whether or not Clowe re-ups next season. It's not an ideal trade, but it wouldn't be the worst move either.
I wouldn't trade Gaborik for a Dan Boyle package just because of Boyle's age.. haven't we learned by now? You KNOW once he gets here he's going to either suck right off the bat or be good this season and then suck the rest of the way.