View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He's not an excellent forechecker. Just cause you say things..... He's a clod. He enters the zone with bad intentions and accomplishes nothing. He can block shots and win some draws; that's it. If you give him more credit than that you are biased in his favor. I went to the game last night. Guys in my row were saying it's pathetic how bad he is when he's not sliding to block a shot.

Having said that I too am fine with him as a 4th line center and my comments about him sucking are in the context of his current role of 3rd line player.
What are the "bad intentions" you speak of? Do tell...

I am not a Boyle lover but I do think he offers a lot more than most would such as the Newbury's of the world. I don't see centers out there on the market that would be able to replace him. He has been winning more faceoffs, going to the front of the net more, finishing his checks a lot better, has been better down low behind the net in the cycle game, and yes I think his forechecking has been adequate. He's sufficient to be a 3rd/4th line center on this team. He should NOT be on the PP so I'm not sure what Torts was thinking last night with that. He doesn't have gifted hands to pass or shoot. But he makes for a good checking line center and he does well on the PK. Those are two things we need to have right now. We suck as it is with PK player depth as well as quality faceoff depth.

Any rumored defenseman out there to replace Hamrlik?