View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
R U quitting on me?

vCash: 500
Ya'll wanted news... I bring you the news (expanding on Llama's post and courtesy of Paul Giblin at the Republic)

Quote:
Pastor said he hoped to meet with Coyotes executives and tour Jobing.com Arena today. However, that meeting never materialized.

Team President Mike Nealy referred Pastor to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly, Coyotes spokesman Rich Nairn said. “There are no plans to meet with him at this time,” Nairn said.

Daly did not respond to messages left by the Republic.

Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said late Monday that he had never spoken to Pastor and that he was unaware that Pastor had hoped to speak with him. “I don’t know who Darin Pastor is,” he said.
Further

Quote:
He declined to identify the other potential investors, but said none currently are involved in professional sports ownership.

“We’ve been sort of sizing this up, framing how we can get it done, how we can get the financing in place, how we can make sure that we have enough capital to make sure we can make this thing work over a long period of time,” he said.

“We’ve not only done a great deal of due diligence on this, but we believe we can pull this off. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t bother,” he said.
Also mentions they're interested in discussing the management duties... i.e. "...talented municipal financing veterans"