View Single Post
04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
vCash: 500
I highly doubt Boyle is getting traded. Yea he's struggling to put up numbers, but he's solid in so many other areas (PK, faceoffs, shotblocking, etc.) and he's a very key guy in the locker room. Tortorella has said all year that the losses of middle of the lineup guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov and Prust has had more of an impact on this team than he anticipated. Trading Boyle would only add to that. It would go against everything Torts has said all season. It's more likely that Sather tries to re-coup the weakening of depth by adding somebody like Clowe. And frankly, I think that's the way to go if we get a good deal (something along the lines of Christian Thomas and a 3rd). Nothing drastic. The last thing we need is more wholesale changes. It's been a weird season with lots of underperforming players. The thing is, the two main underperformers (Gaborik and Richards) are also guys who have proven in the past that they're capable of stepping up hardcore. So I say we ride what we got, hope some guys get hot (ala the Kings last year) and re-assess in the offseason.