View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
It is really hard to get a grip on Trotz and his player moves. To me, not a professional coach, it has looked like Boychuk, Butler, Beck, Bartley and even Mueller have played just as well (even better) as some of the other guys but seem not to be in Trotz favor. I thought Boychuk was very fast and played very well for the few games he was here. Seemed to be faster and better than a few of our current players (Spalling, Hali, Yip and Clune). Same with Butler and Mueller! Beck and Bartley seem to have also done very well since coming up.
I just don't get it. Can someone explain why he seems to not want some of these players on the team. Not every player can be a grinder! We HAVE to have some speed and quickness as well.
Beck and Bartley have done well and are playing large roles with the team so...
Boychuk was a lot of flash and nothing else, he was always falling and flailing. Butler did not look great but has gotten better recently, but I would not say he is better than any other forward right now, except maybe Craig Smith, but Butler is not a center. As for Mueller he is a grinder and Spaling is better. Yip and Clune bring toughness and Halischuk is always scratched for not performing. So I don't understand the Trotz hate in this situation.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote