View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLow97 View Post
When I applied for school last summer, my objective was to pursue Accounting. I understand it gets a reputation of being a boring-ass occupation, but it's a good-paying boring-ass occupation. An advisor suggested that, since I already have a Bachelor's degree, I should pursue an MBA.

So the short of it is that I'd likely look toward business fields.
That's a tricky one.

Usually, to get an MBA, you need to be in the field already and it's very expensive. In theory, that's what you'd want to do, but you would have to start out at entry level and work from there.

I have a BA in Economics and I think a lot of doors are closed on me. If I went Finance or Accounting, I think I'd have a much better job.

I've been in Finance for eight years now, it's really not all that boring, sure it's not like lion taming or anything but it can be challenging, satisfying work.

My two cents, take a couple classes in basic accounting or finance if you can, talk to a temp agency or staffing place, try and get an entry level finance job. I would guess even the $25k per year stuff would be at least a lateral move from what you're doing now? Or network, see if someone will give you a shot at an entry level job. Foot in the door, man.