Thread: Speculation: Booth Buyout
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM
SpaceCowboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by var View Post
Can someone explain the vast gap in perception I see with David Booth?

In the games he was healthy for (albeit the few ones he was a part of) he was literally the best player on the ice numerous times. He'd beat or knockdown their RD, charge the net, beat D's to the puck on dump ins and along the boards. I'd like to hear from someone that doesn't see value in this player.

Are people simply looking at him as being someone to target in reducing the cap because of his injuries?
He may have been the best in on the rush, but his numbers didn't reflect that. He's a good player no doubt, but this team needs secondary scoring. It's proven that the Sedins/Burrows can't do everything. Hansen/Higgins and Raymond are too good on defensive 2way play to be playing hard minutes at both ends constantly. (Though they've been doing it.)

Fact of the matter is, he may play hard and be the best on the ice but his numbers in points doesn't reflect that. We need someone that scores and that's the issue. At 4.2million per he's making more then some of our truly important players that took hometown discounts.

Also on those saying trade him for picks and prospects, we're not going to get much. I agree it's the move that needs to happen as *something* is better then nothing, but we're not going to be getting anything fantastic for him. He's injury prone, and has been low on the points since arriving. He seems like a nice guy but unfortunately he's not meant for our 2nd Line.

SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote