View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
4 dressing rooms is pushing it some here don't even have 3

A typical rink here has one that belongs to the pro team, plus a home and away dressing room for the juniors or other teams. Plus an officials dressing room which is often shared with the figure skating instructors, except in Oxford, the officials' dressing room is a disabled toilet
Officials dressing rooms are just starting to figure into plans for rinks here. I remember when I started reffing there were 3 or 4 rinks around here that put chairs in closets haha my favorite one was an old office with shag carpet. It was always so warm unlike every other room in any rink ever but some idiot complained it had no bathroom and we lost it. Even the rink that was home to the local major junior team only gave us the kitchen from one of their banquet halls downstairs the major junior refs get an entire dressing room to themselves during QMJHL games though.

But 4 should be the minimum. New rinks here are making it 5-6 now. Two are usually used for the two teams on the ice and two for the teams playing after. If the rink is home to higher end teams, they get a room and 4 dressing rooms for when other teams are around.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote