Thread: Great Britain: Hockey in Britain part 3
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
What usually happens in Basingstoke is a junior game is going on before our game, they pile all their bags in the corner before we arrive at the rink and we get dressed and we are on for warmup straight after their game, so they get undressed while we are out on the ice warming up, then they're usually out by the end of our warmup so we can go back in while the ice is being cut. It's not ideal but it works.

Refs rooms definitely vary from rink to rink the one in Slough isn't even the size of my bathroom and the aforementioned Oxford one which is a bathroom while in Bracknell for EPL games we usually occupy the away juniors dressing room.
That's some third world shiiiit

I've played in rinks with no gates at the penalty boxes & only 1 on each bench, you had to walk down 5 stairs or so into this addition to go to the dressing rooms lol ice had lines painted on it for curling as well which was new to me at the time

I also remember a rink, I believe it was in Baddeck, Nova Scotia (Home of Alexander Graham Bell) and the dressing rooms were upstairs, outside the dressing rooms was the seating area which was all upstairs in a pressbox like thing, you go out of the room and walk down 25-30 stairs or so to the ice bahahaha easily the most unusual rink I ever played in

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote