Old
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Finally someone said it.

It's a little ridiculous to mention a player who was taken 14 picks later when a budding star was taken with the very next pick. Tarasenko was coming off a huge year for a 17/18 year old in the second best league in the world, the problem was three years ago there were lots of questions about taking Russian players because of the lack of a solid transfer agreement, and because the oligarchs were throwing huge money at kids to stay. St. Louis rolled the dice and they look like they hit a HR, good for them.

I liked the Forbort pick at the time, because he was seen as a high upside defender. He had size and decent mobility and supposedly had large offensive upside from the blue line, sadly the offense has never progressed in three years at UND.

If Etem were from Toronto, this wouldn't even be a discussion, but since he is from LB everyone thinks the Kings should have automatically taken him, which is a bad way to draft.
I'll admit I was wrong here. I thought Tarasenko wouldn't be that good or that he wouldn't come over (MUCH moreso the latter). Willing to admit I was wrong. I loved the Forbort pick at the time too. Now I do not....

His offense hasn't gotten any better since the time he got to UND (not substantially at least) and that's pretty damn pathetic.