View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=scokan;63051797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post

I would have held on to it to see if there was any defected first rounders this year though - offering up a couple seconds, if not all three, might have got us a first rounder out of this year yet. QUOTE]

One day you mention that you wouldnt want WR making a play for a 1st round defect player, than after seeing what WR paid to move up in the upcoming draft, you complain that WR should have used that 2nd rounder on a defected 1st round player.
so what it is Otto?
what would the armchair GM do?
Busted. Though I'm not really complaining. I mean I'm defending the trading of the 2014 seconds by saying we'll get more of them when we move our current players, and also mention the possibility to trade current players for first rounders at the January deadline.

I'm torn on the issue. If you put it like that, I say I don't want the defected kid. But damn do we need high end talent here and we're not going to get it in the later round. Domi was a defected player and he's worked out swimmingly - so I guess I'd say that it would depend on the defected player.

But I'd err on the side of not trading for one because they are mentally soft. Domi was a special case of his father cooking a deal with his ex-teammate and Hunters where they all won. Kingston tanked to get a top pick, a comp first at #9 and a few second rounders and London built for this year and the next by getting both Horvat and Domi in the same draft.