Old
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think his reputation for first rounders being trade is a bit skewed. He traded two in the Pronger deal (another deal I think most of us would do without the benefit of hindsight) and the Eminger one, which was clearly a mistake. I think he also traded a first to Nashville for Hartnell and Timonen's rights, another trade that I think most of us would do again. I'd be more concerned that he deals one of our young guns than our first rounder.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that 99% of the speculation about this year's first rounder is being created by irrational HFBoards members who are worried because the trade deadline is tomorrow. Certainly it is not impossible for Homer to make such a trade, but there has been no indication from anywhere (history, rumors, Homer, etc) that should make people think Homer was going to trade away the first rounder today or tomorrow. You might as well be just as worried about Homer trading Giroux, because there has been about the same amount of indication that he would trade a star player as there is that he would trade the first rounder tomorrow.
Spending almost all your first rounders for veterans or players soon to hit FA is death for a prospect pool and inevitably borks the cap situation...as we've seen firsthand as fans. Homer has a history of trading his firsts; sometimes in poor deals. It's not unreasonable or irrational to believe there's a chance he does it again, considering his past patterns.