Thread: Player Discussion: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Well I’ll start by saying I have been on-board with Clowe for a while now. Overall, I can’t wait to see him as a Ranger.

Some thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”PROS”
-Addresses team toughness in a big way. Clowe is a top-notch fighter, hitter, and stands up for his teammates. I believe that was a huge missing element for the Rangers this year. It will build confidence and, as much as I hate the word, “swag”.

-Last 4 years; 45-60pt pace, roughly 20 goals. No slouch offensively. Good hands, good shot, tough to move from the front of the net.

-3rd on SJ in assists this year.

-Has an “unsustainably low shooting percentage”, for all the advanced stats guys out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”CONS”
-He has scored zero goals this year. If he’s a rental, I’m not sure how much scoring punch he will directly add this year considering…

-By all accounts, he’s pretty banged up. Could have nagging issues this year, but more importantly raises some red flags for giving him a long term extension.

-Which if he is not resigned, makes a 2nd + potentially the first pick of the 3rd round a damn steep price for 15 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”X-FACTORS”
-If the plan, as has been speculated by Bobby Mac and others, is for Clowe to ink an extension with his new team – gotta think this is another sign that Gabby is gone at the draft. More $ committed.

-Wonder if the tremendous development of three prospects this year made the staff comfortable with losing the picks. In order of surpassed expectations, Lindberg, Nieves, and Fast all made incredible strides.