Thread: Line Combos: Line Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
3rd Guy High

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Earlier in the year we had pretty much just six guys who truly earned the chance to be a top six forward. Now we've now got 8 guys who belong there:
Nash, Gabby, Step, Richy, Cally, Zucc, Hags, and Clowe.

I'm not saying all these guys are first liners, or that it's absurd to see them on the third line, but all of these guys have shown that they aren't out of place as NHL top six forwards. That's huge, that's basically what we had last year with Dubi and Anisimov instead of Nash and Clowe. Having that flexibility should push guys and should give Torts more room to mix lines without having to push guys into roles they really probably aren't ready for.

I'm excited to see how this plays out.
This. Sucks that we dont have a true third line center. Or even a faster 4th for that matter. Would open up endless possibilities with Kreider/Fast, and who knows, maybe we could even roll 4 very solid lines that all pack some offensive punch. (Yes, I realize our PK may take a hit but i think the potential for a good 4 line scoring lineup is worth it. Can Clowe PK?)

Doubt that will ever happen under torts though. Would also be much easier to do something like this if we had a big body/enforcer like McIlrath on the back end.

Clowe-Stepan-Nash (Step + Nash have been magic)
MZA-Richards-Gaborik (Line looked good last night)
Kreider-Miller-Callahan (Line looked real good earlier in the year, Cally can cover defensively)
Fast-Boyle-Hagelin (Some real good speed on the wings, good along the boards)

Giradi-McDonagh
Del Zotto-Stralman
Staal-Hamrlik (McIlrath next yr)
(Ignoring leftys and rightys for the moment)

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote