Coach Mac to Moncton???
View Single Post
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Better Red than Dead
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Freddy Beach, NB
Gardiner still has 1-year left on his contract and I think he intends to finish out his tenure without leaving early. Leaving at this stage would hurt the program he's put so much into (a new coach would take 2-3 months to find while Sparks and Taylor would drive the recruiting - hard to commit to a team when you don't know who you're playing for). It would also mean missing out on WUG-2013 - not the biggest event in the world, but a coaching feather in your cap none the less. The school could skip the whole process and just go with Sparks.
I agree with others that Gardiner would want a coaching/GM spot - coaching is fine, but it's easier to coach players you selected rather than those thrust upon you.
I would see him move on after his contract is done.
I'm sure there are some items I'm missing, but these come to mind
- 5th coach to reach 300 wins in CIS history
- currently the winning'ist coach in the AUS
- Tied with Singer(UWO) on fastest to 300 wins (13 seasons)
- four CIS Golds (3rd overall behind Tom Watt & Clare Drake)
- Coach of year titles in AUS & CIS
- back-to-back AUS titles for 3 in a row '11 to '13
- 27-1 record sets 'wins from opener', most wins and pts records.
Helped the team to
- T2nd with 13 AUS titles with SMU
- most CIS titles among all AUS schools with 5
The only thing(s) he hasn't done
- back-to-back CIS titles
- WUG Head Coach
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Drummer