View Single Post
Old
08-17-2006, 05:44 PM
bayrider

vCash: 500
Sorry, but we had high hopes for Zednik being our top scorer for the last 2-3 seasons prior to this one. With what we saw from Zed-Koivu-Kovalev during the playoffs in '04, we wanted nothing but success for Zednik. Of course, one can only handle "the Zednik" (his patented one hand on the stick move) for so long.

Ovechkin is a one man show that scored 50G and 100+ Pts on probably the worst team talent-wise in the NHL. If Zubrus can get 50pts playing with the best player in the NHL, Zednik should get more. Thats not reflective of Zedniks talents as much as Ovechkin's talent rubbing off on him. Even my grandmother would score at least 40 if she played with AO.

I'm not gonna kick myself for letting Zednik go if he has a great season with AO

As for Bonk, give me a break. He's a $2.5M 4th liner who couldn't get anything done when he was placed on the first and 2nd lines when Koivu was out. He's absolutely useless and a bad top 3 pick in the NHL. He only had "good" seasons in Ottawa because of playing with Hossa and Alfy. I emphasized good because even his best seasons were way below expectations

Last edited by bayrider: 08-17-2006 at 05:50 PM.
bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote