View Single Post
Old
04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Dream matches/feuds that could have happened

Let's list some dream matches or feuds that actually had a shot of happening or almost happened. Basically, I'm looking for matches/feuds you wanted to see between guys from the same era and possibly same roster but for whatever reason didn't happen.

I think the most popular answer will be The Rock vs. HBK. This could have happened from 2002 to 2004 or so. Apparently, The Rock didn't want to work with HBK because he was a dick to him when Rock first started in WWE. Also, I think The Rock wasn't too happy with HBK's antics during the HBK-Hogan match from Summerslam 2005.

My personal dream feud is Bret Hart vs. Hogan - should have happened in 1993. I was sure it was going to happen in WCW but still, it wasn't done.

Austin vs. Hogan - The two biggest stars in WWE history...could have happened in 2002 and I have heard that Austin was the original choice to face Hogan at Wrestlemania 18, but Austin rejected the proposal.

Hogan vs. Jake Roberts - I don't think they ever had a proper feud, did they? Roberts once said in an interview that they kept Hogan and Roberts because Roberts was getting too many cheers as a heel.

Owen Hart vs. Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, or Kurt Angle - What amazing matches these would have been. Owen died in May 1999. Jericho debuted August 1999, Angle around November 1999, and Benoit and Guerrero in January 2000.

Austin vs. Goldberg - too bad Austin's last match was the night before Goldberg's debut.

Austin vs. Lesnar - this would have happened had Austin not walked out of WWE in June 2002. Although putting it on Raw with no build and no storyline would have been a bad idea, no matter who was supposed to go over.

Shawn Michaels vs. Eddie Guerrero - apparently this was the plan for WrestleMania 22, but Guerrero died about 5 months before the show.

Benoit vs. CM Punk - seems like they would have feuded in the summer of 2007.

CM Punk vs. Shawn Michaels - I think they might have some matches together but they didn't have a real feud. Maybe they would have if Punk had turned heel a year or two earlier. I think Punk was a bland babyface for way too long in the first few years of his WWE career.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote